cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcounter no support

samuria
Grafter

Webcounter no support

I have a webcounter on my site and have for many years it had reached 251000 it suddenly dropped to 0 so I raised a tick  ID: 31297187 this has happend in the past and a ticket gets it fixed as all that is required is for someone to reset a txt file. Support claim its not down to them as its a coding issue. I have told them the code hasnot changed and has worked fine since 2002. I simple want them to put back may counter to 251000 plus its current value which can be seen http://www.mwright.plus.com/counter.html.
This has been going on since 21st December why can they do such a simple task? Most other webcounters on the net the user can reset from a script. The effect of the counter change means advertisers wont like a low count or I have to spend a lot of time re writing all my webpages  as all my sites us the same counter
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Webcounter no support

Counters dropping to zero can be caused by two visits to the site simultaneously with the file not access-locked during update. The file might transiently not exist when the second visit is counted, and often this results in the counter being reset to 1.
That problem would be regarded as a coding issue as stated by Support. Can't you reset the file yourself?
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Not if it's one of the Plusnet supplied counters on homepages!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've fixed this now, I'll make sure the support guys know that this is supported, it's one of our more obscure features to be honest.