Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webalizer legend kB F, kB in and kB out

Cathotel
Grafter

Webalizer legend kB F, kB in and kB out

Hi,
Suddenly started getting Daily Transfer Allowance mails with no change in pattern of usage by 'us' and the next week webspace was archived.
Got it restored and then found out about advanced stats (yeah I know - doh!)
Been waiting now 3 days for a pass the parcel support question to be actually answered by the right dept, so hoping a friendly person could help?
I can see the stats but there is no legend, referred to the Webalise site and the help link in PN but no where (that I can find Smiley ) does it state what kB F, kB  in and kB out are.
I'm guessing kB F refers to kB's actually transferred out of the site to other browsers ftp etc but kB in and kB out??  They remain at 0?
Any links to idiots guide would be welcome...
I can see crawlers and googlebot entries too, so I'm guessing all about .htaccess will be having to be learned too Smiley
Thanks,
Pete
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Webalizer legend kB F, kB in and kB out

kB F is the number of 1024 byte blocks transferred from files. I imagine kB in and kB out reflect data transferred using non-browser-related protocols, eg FTP. I've never seen anything but zero for those, assumed the values were probably not recorded in the logs.
David
Cathotel
Grafter

Hi Spraxyt,
Many thanks for your reply , it's much appreciated and strangely enough I've had two more replies from PN CS to my ticket since my post and neither of them answered what I was asking  Sad
I experimented by creating new files and deleting some from my webspace via FT,P but the kB in and kB out still remained at '0'.
Think I'll just close that off as I need to get to grips with .htaccess now  Smiley
Once again thanks,
Pete
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Someone with a better memory than myself reminded me this first arose when an update to Webalizer introduced these additional outputs without an option to turn them off if they are not present in the logs. Unfortunately a different Apache server configuration is needed to provide them so the values are listed as zero. Changing the server configuration sounds a simple fix but can have implications elsewhere.
David