cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebStats v AddFree Stats

forsterbalcke
Grafter

WebStats v AddFree Stats

Until now I have relied upon AddFree Stats (the free version) recommended to me by somebody on this Forum.
But within the last year they have become increasingly unreliable and I decided to switch to Plusnets WebStats.
I have activated these from my settings but after three days I still get a 404 message when checking.
Does anybody else have a problem?
Or is it just me?
And if so why?
And how do Forum members rate WebStats as against AddFree Stats?
Bill Forster
Holywell House Publishing
http://www.holywellhousepublishing.co.uk/index.html
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: WebStats v AddFree Stats

Webstats from an active site on Homepages should show the day after activation. Plusnet staff will need to look over your account to sort out why they are not working.
Webstats/Webalizer works from the page access logs and once initialised should be automatic on all pages. AddFreeStats requires tracking code to be added to each individual page so takes more effort to implement (and uses more bandwidth). I think it probably creates cookies too.
Whilst the raw logs contain requests for images the Webalizer summaries ignore entries for such files. So bandwidth consumed by images is excluded from the information presented. That restriction is inherent for AddFreeStats too.
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: WebStats v AddFree Stats

Quote from: spraxyt
Plusnet staff will need to look over your account to sort out why they are not working.

I've made a change this side that I'm hoping should have your stats working by this time tomorrow.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵