cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web space printing

MikeM9856

Web space printing

Hi there!
Just a small query for you genius's, every thing with my web site is good since joining Plus Net except on printing any of my web pages I get a black band blocking out the bottom of page navigation bar (?) but the page lower to this prints.  The site is on Publisher and is optimised for 800x600 with no scrolling.
Any suggestions.
Thanks for your help
MikeM9856
8 REPLIES 8
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Web space printing

Watt is the URL
Sow we can have a look
MikeM9856

Hi again !
my web site url is http://www.myagupopmatrix.plus.com
thanks again
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It is because  of the Microsoft Office web page template that you are using, try a different template or modify the egzisting template in Photoshop or Paint Shop.
That is the templates background images.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Does this site work or is it just a mockup, I can only get the first Page in Firefox but that prints OK
EDIT
Against my better judgement I went and tried it on Bill Gates rubbish, and yes the site worked but the bottom line did overprint dark grey.
Go back and think about a web site that people on Macs and Linux without Bill Gates rubbish can look at
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You have a major problem with the site coding - compare Firefox and IE7
Denzil
Grafter

Looking at the source code for the page there is an enormous amount of code there for a relatively simple page. I'm no expert on Publisher but from what I have seen it tends to produce rather bloated html. Perhaps you have spent the money already, but I can recommend using Kompozer instead. This is a free website editor you can download from <a href="http://www.kompozer.net">here</a>. It is quite easy to use and makes straightforward code that should work on any browser.
MikeM9856

Many thanks for all your responses! particularly midnight caller and denzil, I'ii take a look as suggested.
Don't quite get pierre_pierre though the site is known to function with Firefox as well as IE 7.0
Nice one. Enjoy easter everyone!
Best regards  Smiley
MikeM9856
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I dont know who told you it works with Firefox, It doesnt, you have had screen shots from Oldjim to prove it