Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web space over the limit email

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Web space over the limit email

Just received an email to say i have exceeded my 250Mb limit on my web space but find it rather strange that instead of asking me to fix the problem they just take away access completely until I agree to do something about it. I would have been so much more  "customer friendly" to say "look you've gone over your limit and will give you 48 hours to fix it". Instead of that I have to raise a ticket and wait ?? hours for a reply.
7 REPLIES 7
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Web space over the limit email

Quote from: paulgul
Instead of that I have to raise a ticket and wait ?? hours for a reply.

Perhaps I was being optimistic, wait ??days for a reply may have been better
henbane
Grafter

Same here - first you hear about it is when they remove your site and send the email.
We created the support ticket as requested in the email and 12hrs later got a reply saying it had been escalated. 
24hrs from start and still no more action and no website. 
I agree with you that if PlusNet want to be seen as a good friendly company then an email when you go over limit giving you say 48hrs to fix it would be much more helpful.  After all the extra 150 MBytes of website files is not really going to bust any new modern storage system is it..?
Crazy

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Aplus
extra 150 MBytes

I don't like the way this system works and have a great sympathy with those who go over by a small amount.
I also have sympathy for those who get hit with an unexpected high level of traffic which pushes them over as the bandwidth used is outside of the users direct control.
If you'd gone over by 10 or 20MB, I might have had some sympathy, but uploading extra files which pushes you over the limit by 60% strikes me a not the brightest action!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
coolyeti

I've had the same problem
OK it is my fault I've uploaded files over my limit.
I must admit I didn't know what my limit was or how much info I was uploading!
The first thing I knew was the email to tell me everything had been deleted.
I know it was wrong of me but a few hours to sort the thing out was all that was needed.
Anybody would think we were dealing with a Bank here.
I've sent the message telling them I won't do it again, and I know and understand what I did wrong.
That was over 48 hours ago, but still no reply or any action.
Come on Plusnet, we all make mistakes, you can treat us better than this.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@coolyeti, I've just restored your website. You'll have to excuse the stock response I used in your ticket reply Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Ellis
Grafter

I think it would be better if Plus Net implemented a system similar to that which my webhosts (one.com) use. When I go into the control panel it is displayed at the top like this:-
Disk usage: 222 MB / 3072 MB - (WWW: 199 MB - MAIL: 23 MB - DB: 0 MB) . Then users could easily monitor their use.
Spider
Grafter

Today is the first time I have received the 'abuse' email' and had my website pulled. The reason stated is that I had gone over my bandwidth transfer allowance during the previous 24 hours. Now according to the email I was 250MB+ over my limit and that means 500MB+ bandwidth used in the past 24 hours. According to the Webspace FAQ "if your site has repeatedly exceeded its Daily Allowance, then your site may be removed." so I take it this is not the first time my site as gone over the daily limit. What I'm unsure about is how do you establish when your daily allowance is exceeded in a 24 hour period (is that midnight to midnight)? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Alternatively I only went slightly over the allowance due to having to transfer a 105MB file to a friend (checked enough webspace available first) and deleted once downloaded. The FAQ are giving FALSE information, the EMAIL is also inaccurate and the removal of site for one breach is EXCESSIVE. Any one care to comment?