cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web domain

kris1

Web domain

Hi. In April 2000 I obtained a domain through Freenetname which became Madasafish which is now PlusNet. I'm trying to find the information which I provided when I obtained the domain (ie.which Nominet has) but no-one seems able to help me. It is hosted through BT (PlusNet/Freenetname) but when I phone PlusNet about this they claim to not have any details about my site. Can anyone point me in the right directioin to find this info. Whois gives the registrant as Madasafish but I can't prove that I own it because of GDPR (apparently!!!)

Thanks in anticipation.

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Web domain

Hi there.

I think there may have been some confusion when you called in.

While we manage Madasafish, these accounts are still separate to a Plusnet account.

Looks like the adviser was just looking at your Plusnet one not Madasafish unfortunately.

What specific details are you looking for about your domain? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kris1

Hi
Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to find out the details which I provided when I aquired my domain

ww.streetentertainer.co.uk

from Freenetname in April 2000 please?

Thanks in anticipation

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us.

I feel I'd struggle to find out every detail you provided back in 2000 as our records I can see don't go back that far however if you can be more specific I'd be happy to raise this to the appropriate team and we'll see what we can do Smiley 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kris1

Hello.

If I try to find details of my domain registration via Whois, all I can find is Madasafish/Plusnet.  I believe that due to the recent GDPR regulations, the original details of registration are now hidden from the general public.  As I obtained the domain through Freenetname, you must, somewhere, have these details. That is all I require.  Failing that, can you give me an Authorisation Code so that I can change my hosting from BT (Plusnet) to another company please.  Please see the attached screenshots re this.

All the best

Chris Ehrenzeller (Kris Karchit)

P.S. as my email address for this domain (www.streetentertainer.co.uk) is kriskatchit@reenetname.co.uk then you definately have this info somewhere in the depts of your organisation.

kris1

The second image as I was only permitted to send 1 on my previous message.

Kris

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @kris1,

I've responded via a ticket on the account with the domain information showing on the account.

You should be able to get to the tickets on the MAAF account Here: https://secure.madasafish.com/contact/tickets.shtml

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Does this information from Nominet help in anyway?

WHOIS results

Domain name:
streetentertainer.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 10-Dec-2012

Registrar:
Plusnet Plc t/a Madasafish Broadband [Tag = MADASAFISH]
URL: http://www.madasafish.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 27-Apr-2000
Expiry date: 27-Apr-2020
Last updated: 11-Apr-2018

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns1.force9.net
ns2.force9.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.