cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Stats

klyne
Grafter

Web Stats

On my website www.davidklyne.plus.com I use a Bravenet web counter which seems to work OK. Last night I had a look at the PlusNet web stats in detail which were fascinating. However I was bit puzzled as the PlusNet web stats seem to indicate a much higher level of activity than Bravenet. I have set Bravenet not to include my own hits but the difference is massive. Am I missing something here?  If anyone has a simple explanation could they share it with me - I don't do complicated!! Another question is it possible to ling the PlusNet stats with a web counter?
Thanks
David
3 REPLIES 3
John_Essex
Grafter

Re: Web Stats

I think the difference is that the Plusnet web stats call each file called up a hit even if its only a graphic on your page.
So several graphics on your page causes a hit for each one
I find the same thing in that my web counter gives a few hundred hits and the webstats measure it in thousands.
klyne
Grafter

John
Thanks for that. I can see the sense in what you are saying. I have lots of photos on my site so it could be these that are boosting the site stats.
David
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Hello,  I too, have a lot of photographs on my website  http://www.nemosphotography.co.uk, and have been "amazed"      Grin    Cheesy  Grin  at the number of  "hits" on my webstats page,  especially since I dropped MS Publisher version and made my site using Jalbum (free software) at  www.jalbum.net
For example on 11 January 2008 my webstats say I had 4110 hits.....and in the files column  3655......
Now the question is..... if I subtract the files from the hits  4110 minus 3655  answer  455  is this nearer to the "actual hits"...... If so, could not the stats please put that in another column, so we know where we are  ??  Huh
Could you do some maths on your bravenet counter, similar to the above, to see if this is confirmed?  or even perhaps you could work out a "formula" from your bravenet stats versus your plusnet stats and give us a clue to how realistic the answers would be Cheesy Huh
Regard
shutter