cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Space

cricketer36

Web Space

years ago I signed up to www.freenetname.co.uk which obviously as the name suggests gave you a free domain name and webspace

a few years later madasafish bought them out and it was all transferred to them

then a while back plusnet took over madasafish, in the period of this happening I had a medical condition and haven't bothered doing anything with my web space since, apart from a few years ago removing the index page and all other main pages.

I now want to access it again and need the connection settings etc, but due to the very poor customer services at plusnet I can't get anyone to answer the phone and the online chat isn't available!!!!!!!

please help!

5 REPLIES 5
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Web Space

Hi @cricketer36,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble regaining access to your domain. You can manage your domain via the control panel here. You'll need to login with the username and password that are linked to the domain account in order to access this. I'd recommend that you check your old emails from us if you're unsure what this username is.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
cricketer36

I've done that and it says that I have no domains wit this account and to phone the help desk

news flash...i've tried phoning on several occasions and it appears no one is prepared to answer within the first 20 minutes of the phone ringing

I'm not wasting any more time on this, i'll look for a provider that values it's customers

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@cricketer36 Since your domain is/was a Madasafish based one it won't show in the Plusnet Member Centre (which I assume supports your broadband account).

Information related to the domain should still be available on the Madasafish website at http://www.madasafish.com/support/features/my_webspace/. I'm not sure if you need to select freenetname on the Provider menu near the bottom of that page.

David
cricketer36

thank you, that has been a big help, I can now access the area in which my files for the web site are stored, however I cannot access the web address, I get this message

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

any help would be gratefully received as to what I need to do Sad

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Is there an indexable file uploaded to your webspace? e.g. index.html? If not, browsing to your website address won't display anything, and will likely result in the error you're seeing.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵