cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Site Program

screwtop

Web Site Program

Hi
I'm new here and probably off topic so please guide me gently in the right direction rather than setting fire to me.
I want a stand alone piece "web site writing" software that is easy to use and gives good looking results. A long time ago I used Pagemill but lost that several PCs ago. I now have access to Dreamweaver and its assocaited programs but these are so complicated and over the top that hours of work have produced very little to show for the effort.
Please advise.
Bill
3 REPLIES 3
asdesign

Re: Web Site Program

samuria
Grafter

I think what you are really asking for is a free template. Dreamweaver is the best there is all you need is free templates that you open in dreamweaver and change to your page. try
http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/
there is loads of sites that give them away its just a matte rof adding your content then. Its worth learning dreamweaver as if you get a cheap program you could soon out grow it but a bit of effort and your away
screwtop

Hi
Thanks for the help.
I've acted on both of your advice in that I havebought WebPlus and Dreamweaver for dummies.
I'll go the Dreamweaver route and see how it goes. if it gets too hard I'll switch over to WebPlus.
Thanks again
Bill