cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Publishing Problem

jaynemarie24

Web Publishing Problem

Hi
I have designed website in FrontPage and tried publishing using PlusNet but have problems - the text has published but not background and pictures.  Website address is www.bloye.co.uk if you have time to look at problem.  Advice much appreciated, thanks Jayne
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Web Publishing Problem

Could be wrong but I don't think Plusnet supports Frontpage any more.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The site is on homepages and providing no Frontpage extensions are used that shouldn't be a problem.
Have you looked to check if and where the images have uploaded? For example it's expecting the top left image to be in /_derived/index.htm_cmp_expeditn010_bnr.gif
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
hulls
Grafter

Hi
I also use FP uploaded to the homepages.  Did you use the upload button within FP? If not, you may not have uploaded all of the subfolders you need.  My site is at www.chelmsfordsongsters.org.uk and as you see, it looks fine.
John
seanbranagh
Grafter

I am not sure how the links to the images are ending up as they are but they are wrong and will not work:
http://www.jab12.plus.com/_derived/news.htm_cmp_expeditn010_vbtn_a.gif
In fact, it looks like folder /_derived/ does not even exist on the server.
What do the links to the images look like on your local preview?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

That /_derived/ folder and the image file names look peculiar but appear to be similar to those on the Songsters pages so I assume that is the naming style FP uses.
The only links on your site that appear to work are those to pages in the home directory. Have any other folders been uploaded? There isn't something like an "include subfolders" tick box is there?
David
David