cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Form Processing

mypyrex
Grafter

Web Form Processing

Further to my post about preventing bot etc from harvesting email addresses from web sites I have to say I'm very disappointed that Plusnet don't provide form processing.
Is there any particular reason for it?  Sad
4 REPLIES 4
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Web Form Processing

Probably due to the number of possible options of what people may want to do and the amount of information already available on the net.
e.g.  PHP Form Processing
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Web sites on Homepages are intended to be static. The email form and hit counter scripts provide limited dynamic capability. If you need more than that for a guest book, etc the ccgi server with PHP, Perl and (a very dated version of) MySQL provides it.
David
mypyrex
Grafter

"If you need more than that for a guest book, etc the ccgi server with PHP, Perl and (a very dated version of) MySQL provides it."
Is there anywhere where I could get guidance as to how I use those please. I'm not very geekish on this sort of thing. Although I like using HTML I still want to keep it fairly simple. I've Googled PHP but can't disseminate much about it.
Thanks.  Huh
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The link in the following quote from my post in your MySQL thread provides an outline of the language including examples that work.
Quote from: spraxyt
The Community Support Library article A Beginners Guide to PHP provides some background.
David