cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Analytics error

Vega
Rising Star

Web Analytics error

I've tried logging in to my Web Analytics via hosting.plus.net and get the following error (screenshot attached). I must admit I've not used this function as yet so it may have alsways been like this since the new ccgi launch. Does anyone know the reason for this?
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Web Analytics error

I think that means there aren't any statistics to show. On your 'other site' pixel tracking must be off; if it was on a JavaScript tracker would be added to pages - on the fly - immediately before the end-body tag. On my site pixel tracking is on and I get stats,
You can turn pixel tracking on by opening the Web Analytics application in the Hosting Control Panel, navigating to the Advanced tab and selecting Manage Pixel Code.
David
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I've seen a few instances of this happening.
I think the pixel tracking can only be enable for a single domain. If you raise a support ticket advising which domain you're wanting to collect data for then we should be able to sort it out for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Vega
I've tried logging in to my Web Analytics via hosting.plus.net and get the following error (screenshot attached).

Just went and looked at the Analytics on the Hosting Panel for the content on Hostopia and got the same pink note : /
All that's on our ccgi is the ccgi.username.com stuff (no domains hosted there) so not quite sure what I should be doing next?

Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

You'd need to raise a support ticket too Penny. If either of you do, then feel free to post the reference numbers here so I can keep track of things.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Vega
Rising Star

Thanks Bob
Ticket raised - 87302315
My pixel tracking is already turned on, so it needs more jiggery pokery 🙂
Regards
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Bob
You'd need to raise a support ticket too Penny ... feel free to post the reference numbers here so I can keep track of things.

Cheers Bob - and sorry for the *very* late follow-up on this, has been a busy few weeks.  As per the Wired Metrics thread here I think I'd rather steer clear of this - stats might have been good but having Webalizer on homepages will do fine, for now.

Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.