cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voip issues (yealink handset)

Moz1

Voip issues (yealink handset)

I have recently started working from home and my desktop voip phone is struggling to connect back to the office, calls are connecting but there is one way(can hear but not be heard) or no audio. A soft phone app on my mobile via WiFi connects for internal calls but again no audio on external calls.

Because sip alg cannot be disabled on the hub one I changed to a Draytek 2762, and a vpn set up, but still no joy. The normal port forwarders for the voip provider have been setup on the router

Does anyone else have this working ok? If so did you have to make any odd changes to get it going?

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Voip issues (yealink handset)

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak

Have you checked the broadband firewall is set to off on your PN account?

I did have a yealink working fine - but that was 4 years ago! From memory I can’t remember having to do anything unusual.
Customer / Moderator
Moz1

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I can confirm it is off.

dvorak

You could try adding static ip, this has helped with vpn issues in the past and may help here.
Though no idea, but I have a static ip.
It's a one off £5 cost.
Customer / Moderator
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Moz1  I'm happy to try and help if I can. I've used voip for quite a while now, both as a link into the office pbx and for calls via an external voip provider.

Can I clarify your setup please. 

You have a permanent vpn from the router to the office network ? So to access the office do you use a private subnet ?

Who is your external voip provider ?

You say that calls from a soft phone to the office work ok but only one way audio from the yealink phone ?

External calls are one way audio on both a soft phone and the yealink ?

One way audio is usually a NAT issue with the rtp stream getting dropped

Port forwarding is going to be tricky with 2 phones , unless they are configured to use different ports for sip and rtp traffic. It shouldn't really be necessary anyway.

BTW is also use a Draytek router if it helps , a 2830

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Moz1

Hi MisterW

Thank you for replying.

I have a static up.

I am on a private subnet, that differs from the office, and we have a lan-to-lan setup between the 2762ac at home and a 28 series at the office.

3cx

The yealink phone has no audio either way.

The Softphone (via WiFi) has two way on internal calls and transferred calls, but none on external calls .

Port forwarding is setup to direct the relevant ports to the local up address of the yealink, and is the same Ports that were setup when the yealink phone worked from our previous local office before it closed on Xmas eve.

The soft phone is only intended to be a short term thing until the deskphone is working.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Moz1  thanks for confirming your setup. I thought that might be how you're setup but wanted to check before going down the wrong track.

Let's concentrate on the local calls to the office first because that should be simple, theres no NAT involved. Anything directed at the office lan should get routed straight down the vpn tunnel .

Have you got the sip alg disabled on the 2762 ? If not then disable it http://www.surevoip.co.uk/support/wiki/troubleshooting:sip_alg:draytek_3.8.5 . Most sip alg implementations are 'broken' in some way and just get in the way. Certainly we dont want one in the way for any local lan to lan traffic.

The other thing to check is that the office pbx MAY need to be configured to think that your home private subnet is local. I know our Asterisk/Freepbx system does. Then again , if the soft phone works that tends to indicate that isn't the problem.

Once we've got lan to lan calls working then we can progress to the external calls.

Theres no reason why what you're trying to do shouldn't work, I have a very similar setup with a satellite office in the Netherlands , they have a voip phone for external calls over there, and a lan to lan vpn back to our office in the uk with the phone connected to our pbx. Both inter office and external calls work fine.

Edit: and for the moment, probably worth disabling any port forwarding. It s not necessary for lan to lan calls and in my experience isn't usually needed anyway

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.