cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visitor photo upload

OshB5
Grafter

Visitor photo upload

Hi all Now i have the guestbook working (thanks to this fourum) what the best or easyist way to enable visitors/viewers to my site to upload photos that they have taken of an event, so that i can then make them available on the site for all to view pls? Many thanks Andy
15 REPLIES 15
OshB5
Grafter

Re: Visitor photo upload

Hi Just found two cgi scripts one called photo album and the other ezwebalbum Is anyone using or has tried any of these two and any comments pls ????  PS. the links are http://photoalbum.viehland.org/
and
http://ezwebalbum.viehland.org/purchase.shtml
Regards Andy
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Use coppermine.
OshB5
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
Use coppermine.

Hi I have the neccesary files and have been reading the installation It say install to my webserver is this www or the cgi one pls. It looks like www but thought i would ask. I have also downloaded imagemagick although not sure as yet what to do with it but will work it out LOL
Regs Andy
ffupi
Grafter

Works only on ccgi. Reason is, that there is php, perl and other software running in the background. Without that coppermine does not work. PlusNet install guide for coppermine is here: http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/52 .
Imagemagick is already running on ccgi, so no need to install it (Version: ImageMagick 6.0.6 02/11/07 Q16).
OshB5
Grafter

Hi Many thanks for the pointers  Grin will save me ages I was just in bed with it going round in my mind. It was seaming a bit daunting what with the My SQL side of it. especially when i cannot even remember my sql username and password LOL. Never mind will have a look at your pointed items. Thanks again regards Andy
OshB5
Grafter

Hi Just a quicky. i have followed the tutorial on the plusnet site but seem to have hit a bit of a wall not far in I hve downloaded the coppermine prog but it tells you to download the gzip version i can only find the zip and the 7z versions which i have downloaded and put in the cgi-bin directory and along side of cgi-din and logged on to the force9.net server via telnet and followed the
username@cshell1 username $ tar xvzf cpg<press the tab key, then enter>
to unpack it on the serve,rall to no avail what am i doing wrong or missing.
Can i not just d/l the zip and unpack it then upload it?
Sorry to be a pain Regs Andy
ffupi
Grafter

MySQL username and password should have come with an email from PlusNet. - It is possible to remove MySQL on PlusNet's "Website settings" and then straight away to enable it again. Then you should receive another email with the username and password. If there is anything of importance in the MySQL-database, don't do it as all will get deleted.
On the coppermine download page http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89658 take the zip-file: "cpg1414.zip".
Upload into home of ccgi - not into the directory /cgi-bin. Into cgi-bin go only perl programms.
Unpack it with the command:
username@cshell1 username $ unzip cpg1414.zip
(Alternatively you can unzip it on your computer, but the upload will take ages and if the connection breaks you don't know what folders and what files are now missing).
From there follow the tutorial.
(Question to all: how does one unpack 7z-files on ccgi, what is the command?)
OshB5
Grafter

hi Thanks for all the help with installing the coppermine. I have it up and just waiting for F9 to get back to me with the My SQL username and password. Whilst im on you said that image magick is on cgi so what do i put in for its path pls. Again many thanks for all the help. I am getting on in age but have enjoyed the challenge and help supplied in getting the website up and working. LOL its not just sit infront of a PC and make one on a ready made application si it Well not if you want a interactive one that is.. Regards Andy
OshB5
Grafter

Hi again. Also just read things you need t change now after intalation. It says Log in with the admin username and password you set up during install, click on the "Show admin controls" link if it is visible. Errr now i know im think but where and what do i log into "head is about to explode" and not slept for days LOL  well thats my excuse LOL Regs Andy (P.S. sorry to be the pain and i bet your sick of me already)
ffupi
Grafter

Hello
I am not sure, but I don't think a path is required for ImageMagick? If certain commands are input, it will just execute these. To check it, input on the command line:
<yourplusnetusername>@cshell01:~$ convert -version
Be so kind to write, when all works
Thanks
ffupi
Grafter

Quote from: OshB5

Can't help on that, sorry. I did an install ages ago. Just follow the PlusNet guide by the word.
If you didn't write up the username and password - that's it. Possibly it is written in a configuration file, which you could change. Just ask in a coppermine forum.
Another option is to install it again - exercising the routine...
OshB5
Grafter

Hello Again. Right got it all up and running . Well sort of. I just need to incorperate it in my website as a extra page if you know what i mean, i.e. page 1 -5 may pages with all my photos on and page 6 the coppermine page. not sure if this is posssible yet or that you just have to call it from either by clicking on a img or text  via a HTTP link, just about to have a look at that shortly. Also need to find out if there is a way for viewers to upload photos "with out" having to register and log on as such, not found that out as yet, as reading to much about other stuff such as changing the theme and so on, thats what i am on with now. Do you use a  standard or customized if so what did you cstomize it with (programme that is) again many thanks Regs Andy
OshB5
Grafter

Me Again  Grin To explain what i want as such is If you take a look at www.landynet.co.uk and click on the "your landy photos" it takes you to my coppermine. Right is there any way that when i click on "your landy photos" it takes you to my coppermine but only puts it in the square  at the side of my normal menu. (i.e. if you click on "landy help" it only used the space that is shown by the landy help page. If all that makes sence? Shocked
Regs Andy
ffupi
Grafter

This is called frames I think, but I cannot do it. Has to do with inserting into your main webpage some html-code to put the coppermine page into the frame of your main page.
Best is probably to open a new thread and to ask how to do it.