cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very very slow CCGI

Marteknet
Grafter

Very very slow CCGI

Pages housed on CCGI for all of my domains are now taking at least 35 seconds to load, sometimes very much longer, they used to take about 3 seconds max. After reporting this to CS I was wrongly told that it may be due to a script I had running, this script used to work just fine, I have not made any recent chages to it. But to make sure that this was not indeed the cause I removed all all links and includes to the script and uploaded amended pages. These now pages take as long to load. I phoned CS and they said that there was indeed an issue with the CCGI server and they would look in to it. That was yesterday, All pages from my domains are still loading extreamly slowly.
Am I the only one affected by this has anyone else noticed this on their domains and if they have then why hasn't the CCGI service status been updated to show that there is an issue with it.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Very very slow CCGI

Hi there,
We've not had any other complaints of slowdowns I'm afraid which is why there's no service status out... I've just visited the domains on your account from an external connection and nothing seemed particularly slow, could you advise where you're seeing the slowdowns please so we can test and confirm what's happening?
Marteknet
Grafter

Hi There Mat.
The pages are now loading at a normal speed, There was indeed a slowdown maybe to do with PHP or MySql, I say this because at the start of all pages on one domain held on the CCGI the php script takes a time stamp, it then takes another at the very end, it uses these two time stamps to calculate the time the server takes to generate the page before it serves it to the calling browser. these time stamps were indeed showing page generation times in excess of 45 seconds. Please note this generation time is internal to the server and has nothing to do with the transport of the pages.
When I phoned CS they confirmed to me that there was an error with the CCGI server and magically it now seems to have fixed itself.
Peter.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm. Glad it's sorted out but strange that nothing apparently happened... I'll see if I can find out any details for you, couldn't find the issue that the support team mentioned. Either way though glad it's stopped, please let us know if it happens again and we'll get investigating properly.