cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN problems with Plusnet

EdTott

VPN problems with Plusnet

Hello, can anyone help with a problem using a VPN with PlusNet.

We have a VPN set up with Hamachi at the office. I have the Hamachi client on my home computers which are on a PlusNet Fibre internet connection.

The problem I am having is that, in the upstream direction (from my PCs on PlusNet Fibre to the VPN Server) everything works with no problems. But in the downstream direction (VPN Server to my PCs) there are constant blockages.

If I try to copy a file from the remote network to a folder on my PC the transfer starts, then after about 3 or 4 seconds it blocks for about 35 seconds, then it will work again for a few seconds before blocking for a further 35 seconds. After about the 5th or 6th blockage the transfer is aborted.

I have taken one of the PCs to several different locations and connected to the internet via other providers and the file transfers work with no problem, it only seems to be when connected to my PlusNet connection that I have a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: VPN problems with Plusnet

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: VPN problems with Plusnet

SU Escalation

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.