cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Wordpress

alfjt

Using Wordpress

I would apprecaite any tips/info about getting Wordpress working properly - where it should reside, file permissions needed and stuff of that sort...
5 REPLIES 5
Gabe
Grafter

Re: Using Wordpress

For Wordpress, you need PHP. For that, you need to be on the ccgi platform rather than homepages. If you don't have ccgi on your account, talking to Plusnet nicely might work (jelv seems to be shop steward on these matters  ;)). You also need MySQL.
If you have both of those features activated on your account, the key difference from the "famous 5-minute install" is that you have to make all the PHP files executable (step 5.5) and <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80496.0.html">here</a> is a script that will do that for you.
ccgi is in transition at the moment, but, come the new platform, migrating Wordpress should be pretty painless.
Gabe
alfjt

Thanks Gabe, will give that a try. As a matter of interest any idea when the new CGI platform will be up and running?
Gabe
Grafter

The new cgi platform is up and running. I don't know when it will be launched for general user testing, but it should be soon.
Gabe
alfjt

Thanks Gabe that seems to have worked, it took me a couple of days to get around to it, but I now have WP up and running.
Just one other problem I have. WP does not seem to be inserting uplaoded images into posts/pages, but it will insert images from my flickr account via a url; and when I follow the url for the image I get a 403 error, could this possibly be something to do with permissions, and if so any ideas as to what they should be.
alfjt

No need to answer the above, problem solved, changed the file permissons for the images from 600 to 644 and it worked. Thanks for your time and trouble  Grin