cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SEO URL's in Joomla 1.5.10

ashmanq

Using SEO URL's in Joomla 1.5.10

Im trying to use the SEO settings in Joomla to rewite my website urls. Do the plusnet servers have mod_rewrite enabled on them? Has anyone else got this working on their Joomla sites on cgi webspace? (I have changed the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess in the root directory). If I enable the setting to make the urls search engine friendly I get Internal server errors whenever I try to move to another page on my site (only the homepage works).
3 REPLIES 3
scubarew
Grafter

Re: Using SEO URL's in Joomla 1.5.10

I don't have Joomla running on cgi anymore so I can't do any test but there is this section in the .htaccess file that you may need to change to get it to work properly:
#  Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
#  is not directly related to physical file paths.
#  Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root)
# RewriteBase /

Not sure if this will help or not.
ashmanq

Ive tried this and I still get error messages like "Not Found The requested URL /cgi-bin2/cgiwrap/index.php/xbox-360 was not found on this server." Anyone got any other ideas?
IanD
Grafter

Did you get this solved or has anyone else got any suggestions as I'm getting the same problem when I turn on Search Engine Friendly URLs. Works perfectly with them off, but as I'm new to this I really don't know where to look at settings.