cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 'Contact us' forms on websites - I have a problem

Puckett

Using 'Contact us' forms on websites - I have a problem

Hi there Folks. I've got a website www.coastalandcountry.com which I created myself using Microsoft FrontPage with an Idiot's Guide in one hand and keying things in with the other (I'm a complete novice at such things, so be gentle with me).
The site has been running for years and the two forms I have on it have been working perfectly until recently.
I ran the problem past Metronet / Plusnet, my ISP, who responded, 'Unfortunately I'm afraid we cannot offer assistance with this. This is website coding and outside our support remit. I'd suggest posting this query on our community forums where I am certain our userbase can offer further assistance.'
I also emailed Easyspace who host my site. They responded with, 'I notice that your site is hosted on a legacy Linux server that have older versions of php installed and do not support ASP, you may wish to consider purchasing a new Windows hosting package as this will set you up with a new space on one of our newer Windows servers.'
Can any of you smart people throw any light on the subject? If so, I'd be much obliged.
Davy Puckett
5 REPLIES 5
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Using 'Contact us' forms on websites - I have a problem

You have not actually said what the problem is with the forms?
As this is hosted elsewhere and using unsupported methods (MS frontpage) it may be difficult for us to help.
Puckett

Hi, Peter. Thaks for your response.
Visitors to the site can complete the form and send it. They don't receive any error message. But it never arrives with me by email as it used to do.
DP
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

As the site is not hosted by PlusNet  I suggest you either contact your hosting companies support to see if something has changed, or look on their forums to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

I've just been to your site and noticed your contact us page still isn't working.
If you can post the code here for the server script which processes it we may be able to help.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
oliverb
Grafter

I don't know if this is any help, but I found that Frontpage could be easily configured to use a FormMail script instead of its own handler.
If it was plusnet hosted you wouldn't even need to set up the script. As its non plusnet I don't know.