Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username change on this forum

FIXED
Bob001
Hooked

Username change on this forum

Having got absolutely nowhere with PlusNet telephone support (very disappointing given that they have always been so helpful and able to address problems over the many years I have been with PlusNet), could someone confirm that it really is impossible to change the username that is associated with my PlusNet email address.

If it really is impossible for a user (or PlusNet!) to change their username, is it possible to delete a forum account and then just re-register with a new username or do I have to create a new email address to associate with the required new username?

Any advice would be very must appreciated.

PS.  Just in case anyone thinks this a petty issue, I would add that my username is currently that of my wife who created this forum account but has since died and I would rather not be posting on this forum in her name.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Username change on this forum

@Bob001 If it is your FORUM username you wish to change, it may be possible for @JonoH to have a look at this - now I've tagged him, he may pick it up for you.

If it is your Plusnet ACCOUNT  name, then it probably impossible, given the way the Accounts system works.

John
Bob001
Hooked

Hi jab1,

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Just to confirm, it is just the username (Annie) associated with this forum that I would like to change; my PlusNet username to totally different and I don't need that to be amended Smiley

jab1
Legend

OK - I'm afraid you will just have to wait until @JonoH picks this up, AFAIK he is the only one possibly able to action this.

John
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hiya, sorry for your loss, I'm really sorry you've struggled to get this actioned If you PM me with what you'd like your new username to be, I'd be happy to change it for you.

Thanks @jab1  for the tag, I appreciate it.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Mav
Fixes: 514

@Bob001 

Alternatively you can PM any of us mods: @Mav , @dvorak or @Strat  and we can change your forum user name.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend

@Mav Thanks for that info - I genuinely didn't know you had the authority.

John
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Fix

That username has now been changed Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Bob001
Hooked

Thanks to @JonoH and @jab1, this issue is now on it's way to getting fixed.

Regards to all

Bob

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @JonoH  as per message #8.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still