cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User passwords in Webmail

jaythe0ne
Grafter

User passwords in Webmail

Unless i've missed it, there does not seem to be anywhere to chane you rpassword once you've logged onto your email account in webmail. i.e. when you log onto username+alias in webmail.
I only ask because some of my family want an email address from me, but they would obviously want to put in a password of thier own choosing, and on that i don't know.
Is this something PN can add to the Webmail portal ?
3 REPLIES 3
Emma
Grafter

Re: User passwords in Webmail

You should be able to change the email mailbox password within the Email part of the portal. There is no way of changing it within webmail.
The only way you can do this is to have the member of family to input their own password in to the mailbox section, once you have logged in to the member center, (they would have to be sat with you)
Having just checked my account, you can't see any of the mailbox passwords, these can only be seen by us on your account.
Hope this helps
jaythe0ne
Grafter

Thats what i thought, which doesn't help when family is scattered all over the country, what will it take for PN to have this option available on the webmail portal ?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

This is unlikely to happen due to PN wanting a central place for managing your email on an account. I'm not aware of any other webmail system that allows changing of the password because they tend to be completely independent of the mail servers so have no access to enable the password change to be made.
Its the same for many ISPs and hosting companies offering email. There tends to be a cental 'portal' or control panel login where the mailboxes are managed for the domain.
Also POP3 or IMAP protocol (used to retrieve email) has no way to change the password on an account.