Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage figures

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Usage figures

Not that it matters that much, as I am on unlimited and record my usage anyway, but it looks as though the meter has got stuck - again. Apart from the first day of my current billing cycle, almost all the other days have massively under-reported, and today is showing a big fat zero.

I don't expect this to be corrected, because CS never seen to respond on the forums any more, but it just reinforces my suspicion that PN have given up maintaining ANYTHING.

John
20 REPLIES 20
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Usage figures

Fix
Hi John,

Apologies. The fact your usage has stopped reporting is a product of the ongoing investigations into reports of packet loss around these parts.

It's a temporary measure, however I'm unable to tell you when it will return to normal just yet.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jab1
Legend

@bobpullen - cheers for that Bob. As I said, not a problem, I was just curious.Smiley

Also, please accept my apologies for the second part of the post, but I HAVE noticed a decline in the forum support from PN staff.

John
mcderd
Dabbler

What does "around these parts" mean, it this for a specific location? My usage has not recorded for the last 6 days, just zero.

jab1
Legend

@mcderd - I think (and no doubt he will correct me if I'm wrong) but I think @bobpullen was referring to the forums.

John
mcderd
Dabbler

@jab1 Oh yes, that would make sense, thanks.

Robot
Grafter

I'm a loyal and old customer on Plusnet Value, and my usage is metered and subject to a surcharge if I exceed my allowance. So unlike those on the more recent tariffs, it does matter to me that I cannot check my usage. What progress is being made, and is there any indication of when the usage information will return?

Nave

As a new customer in the autumn I found the figures really useful, they the stopped working over the Christmas period and to date they have not been fixed. I was advised that it was part of an exchange upgrade by the live chat advisor but it seems from viewing the forum it appears to be a much wider issue.

Is it being looked at?

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Still not working - is this problem going to go on for months like the webmail issue? Are all Plusnet's services gradually breaking down? Should I go elsewhere when my contract ends in May?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I understand from this forum that PN won't be restoring this service for customers on unlimited products.

Robot
Grafter

That's a shame, but it doesn't really surprise me, because for those on unlimited tariffs, the usage data is informational only.

But for those of us on the legacy capped tariff, then it is vital information necessary to enable us to remain within our quota. As I've written elsewhere, it's my opinion that Plusnet are open to challenge on the grounds of unfair contract terms and conditions if the only realistic way of complying with the terms of the contract is by the use of a tool that is no longer available.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there

I'm really sorry to hear you're not able to monitor your usage on a capped usage package.

Leave this with me, I'll investigate this tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience @Robot

Could you try a single reboot of your router and please let me know if the View My Broadband Usage works?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Robot
Grafter

Unsurprisingly, that didn't help. I'd been connected for about 19 days anyway, so the router had reset at least once between the notifications stopping working and now.

I have been able to, and can still see, usage in the past 3 months up to the last billing date, but that's history and no help for the present month.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've now raised a ticket on your account to our networks team to investigate and resolve this for you. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Robot When I had limited broadband (5GB/month) from the mighty BT, I had no way of telling how much I'd used.  When the limit was increased to 10GB/month they'd introduced a system of panicky emails marked urgent when I reached 8GB, then they started sending them when I reached 7GB, and finally they were panicking if I'd got to 6GB, even if there were only a few hours left of the month.  On the only occasion I went over my usage limit, the email informing me of this arrived six days into the following month.

Would we happily sign up with a utility company that refused us access to our electricity, gas, or water meter?