cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload to ccgi in 6 seconds or 50 minutes

ffupi
Grafter

Upload to ccgi in 6 seconds or 50 minutes

I had to re-upload a 86MB file to ccgi, but everything failed with all types of ftp-programmes. It took more than 40 minutes, and then crashed, or there was a timeout etc.
In desperation I uploaded the file to my www-space with the PlusNet 30KB/second. That took 50 minutes. Then I got it over with wget. Wget took only 5-6 seconds - amazing.
Don't want to do this ever again.
So is there anywhere I could upload 86MB faster than the PlusNet restricted upload and then access it with wget?
Thanks for any possible ideas
7 REPLIES 7
Prod_Man
Grafter

Re: Upload to ccgi in 6 seconds or 50 minutes

WinSCP do it over SSH Wink
Never fails for me, be it 10 MB or 100 MB.
ffupi
Grafter

WinSCP is quite good, similar to FileZilla but with some different function. Very good tip, thank you much.
Is it possible with WinSCP to transfer files directly from my www-space to my ccgi-space on PlusNet?
Prod_Man
Grafter

Yeah,
Two (posibly three) ways about that, the way you want to do it would have to be done like this.
(If you have PuTTY installed on Windows - Grab it here)
Login to your CCGI Space on WinSCP, Click the little icon with the PuTTY near the top of the screen.
Login with PuTTY using your CCGI Username + Password.
From the SSH Shell you can use a Utility called "wget" to download the Files from WWW Server to CCGI Server.
If you're trying to do multiple files, that is a alittle bit more difficult. Tongue
The next stage would be to index the director(y/ies) & downloaded file by file on the server side with a generated script.
I am not sure, if you can open another Session in the left hand side pannel with all Local Files. (In Norton Commander View)
If not then you could try drag and drop between two WinSCP Sessions in separate windows.
The easiest way would be to Download to a temporary Directory from the WWW Space and Upload to CCGI.
One of them must work! Cheesy
Jim,
ffupi
Grafter

Coming back to this matter and the advice with WinSCP, which was quite good.
However, is there a command-line command available which will transfer a file from my ccgi to my www-space. Something like:
ftp filename to_www ?
Prod_Man
Grafter

Smiley Thanks,
Right yeah, You would still use a similar method you described from the CCGI space.
You would use, the average "ftp, login, :
> ftp ftp.host.ext
> *LOGIN*
( > cd /path )
> put /local/path/on/ccgi/file.ext /htdocs/path/file.ext
so instead of using FTP Download from WWW to CCGI ( or WGET ) via the CCGI Server,
You upload from the CCGI Server to the WWW Server via the CCGI Server. Tongue
It's all a big daisy chain.
Hopefully,
that just wraps up some of the advantages from the CCGI Side, for transfering and flexability Smiley
Jim,
ffupi
Grafter

Hello
I looged into my ccgi-space with PuTTY (command line tool). However, the command "put" does not exist on PlusNet. The reponse is: -bash: put: command not found
What now?  Undecided
Prod_Man
Grafter

No no no,
"Put" is an internal FTP Function/Command,
hence why I said "ftp ftp.host.ext"
Example: ftp ftp.plus.net
Sorry for that confusion...
Jim,