cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown devices on hub one

Kariz1611
Hooked

Unknown devices on hub one

Hi,   I’ve two devices which show on my network.`. I’ve read the other posts and tried identifying what they could be as well as putting in the Mac vendor address search, and nothing .  Any suggestions?  
They both show as connected ,  when I manually delete device and refresh, they disappear,  only to show back up again when I log into check 5 mins later.

Unknown-e6-6e-ca-12-5f-9b

PMERTNSo5LCYzVyJf

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Unknown devices on hub one

@Kariz1611 Is this a Hub2? If so, this is a known 'error feature' as these are linked to the (I think, can't quite be sure) BT hotspot facility on the BT Hub on which this is based. It is on the list to be resolved in a later software release, and can be safely ignored.

@bobpullen  - Am I correct?

EDIT: If it is a Hub1, ignore me.

John
Kariz1611
Hooked

Thanks John,  it’s a hub one.   I’m trying to find them by trial and error.  Would be really useful to be able to name devices to identify,  but I guess that spoils treasure hunt 🙂

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

OK - misread the topic title, sorry. You haven't got any other Wi-Fi devices around, have you?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Kariz1611 

Very often this is caused by a device that also has a built in server. These can for example be used for a remote control. My solar inverter has one to enable a service engineer to access it independent to my network.

The trick is to switch off all your wireless devices and check whether these phantoms disappear. If so switch devices back on one at a time whilst watching the connected devices page on your hub to see when it reappears.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'