cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to place some website orders as they say invalid UK phone number

timwj

Unable to place some website orders as they say invalid UK phone number

Twice in 2 days I have been unable to place an order on the web because my phone numbr is rejected.

On site Enterprise (Car hire) gave the message Illegal character in phone number

The other "ID mobile" just says Provide a valid UK phone number

I have been entering my number 0168459XXXX without spaces, with a space after the code, with the 0 replaced with +44 or 44.

I have tried on Linux/Opera and Linux/Chrome.

Phone line is provided by Plusnet.

Any thoughts of what is going wrong and how to get it fixed?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Unable to place some website orders as they say invalid UK phone number

Hey @timwj,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your telephone number and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

This sounds like an issue with the website you are using rather than an issue surrounding your landline telephone number. That being said does this issue occur on other websites apart from the one you mentioned?

I would suggest getting in touch with Enterprise to discuss the matter further and place any orders if not already done so.

Thanks

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Home Phoned to Everything Else.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This is not an uncommon problem with some poorly implemented websites which try to be smart over performing phone number checking.

My local number is only 5 digits (10 in total) and I often find my number is not accepted. Adding a zero foxes them - if dialled it is ignored.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.