cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to portal

JaneFrost

Unable to login to portal

Currently unable to login to the Plusnet portal. Tried my usual username / password which failed, so have reset it and updated on my router. However, despite the router connecting to the Internet OK (proving the password is valid) I still cannot login to the portal. Error message below.

Invalid username or password

Please try again. Make sure your browser allows cookies, otherwise you won't be able to log in.

Have also tried on two separate browsers, both with Cookies enabled.

I'm trying to login to report the fact that my router has disconnected / reconnected to the Internet 25 times since midnight last night, so would appreciate someone looking at the login issue quickly please.

5 REPLIES 5
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Unable to login to portal

Welcome to the forums @JaneFrost 

There is an issue with passwords that have special characters in them (£$%^&_ etc), try a plain old number and letter combo, then see if it allows you to login.

(if yours is already not using special characters, then I don't know as mine plain password is working fine this am).

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @JaneFrost,

I'm sorry that it's not allowing you to login to the member centre. As @DS has mentioned, we're currently experiencing problems with passwords that contain special characters. Please try changing your password to a combination of letters and numbers via the password reset tool here and let us know if you're still unable to login after this.

I've picked up your post about the connection drops now and I'll be back in touch shortly once I've looked into this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
SC1

I’m getting the unable to login incorrect user name or password message. I am trying to update a ticket on my account so this is really annoying. I know I’m using the correct ones as I’ve been in regular correspondence with you recently and there are no special characters in them. I have connected a new fibre router today which is working fine at last so I’m very reluctant to start changing passwords as I’ve read that I then have to change other things also. Any suggestions?

SC1

Replying to myself here! Having had about 20 attempts that failed I’ve just tried again and got in to my account! Issue fixed itself obviously!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @SC1,

I'm sorry for the delay in picking your messages up and that it wasn't allowing you to login to the member centre. I'm glad to hear that you've now been able to login, though it's odd that it didn't work until you made multiple attempts. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further login problems or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team