cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a problem with distribution box missing cover.

loklok
Grafter

Trying to get a problem with distribution box missing cover.

Hi I have tried to report a missing cover for a distribution box (not in my home) to BT they wont listen as I am not a BT customer. OpenReach are responsible for the external equipment but don't want to know. The box in question is on the 5th floor on the wall outside of no 64, not my home, but the rest of address as per my account details.

The wires for all the phone lines on my floor of these apartments are exposed to the weather and are showing signs of corrosion which can't be good for connection speeds.

Can someones PLEASE deal with this as I can get nowhere.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
loklok
Grafter

Re: Trying to get a problem with distribution box missing cover.

6 days and no-one replied? come on Plus Net get a ticket system going.

How about taking the time to contact BT or whoever on my behalf. It cant be that difficult or do I have to join BT and get it fixed?

Angry

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Seems to be a common problem.  A Virgin engineer was working in my road so I let him know that the Virgin cable cabinet at the end of our block was broken leaving all the wiring exposed to the weather, vandals etc.  He asked if I was a Virgin customer, and when I said I wasn't, he said he couldn't do anything unless a customer complained.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Jonpe - I reported an open Virgin street cabinet to Virgin, and an 02 box to 02 - in both cases via phone, they didn't ask if I was a customer, just said 'We'll deal with it' and 24 hours later, they were both secured.

John
KevMac1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi @loklok

From the description, sounds like you may have contacted BT Consumer. Like all ISPs, they wouldn't be able to talk with you unless you are one of their customers.

To report any issues like this, try this link :

https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/damage-or-theft/report-damage.aspx

Hope this helps. I have noticed however you mentioned Openreach didn't want to know and as you have said 5th floor Im presuming its flats, so it may be the building owners who need to fix it.  But, I would try the link I have posted first.

Thanks