cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer domain out

scubarew
Grafter

Transfer domain out

I currently have a domain registered with Fasthosts but hosted by Plusnet on the free PAYH package that some of us trialled a few years back.
I'm going to move to a new host because the PAYH facilities aren't adequate for my needs anymore, so I want to transfer my domain out. Is it as simple as changing the nameservers from my domain control panel, or do Plusnet have to do something at their end. I've taken a look at the possible support tickets and it's not all that obvious.
Any help greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Transfer domain out

Hi there,
I'd advise dropping the support team a like at support@pay-as-you-host.com they'll guide you through what needs to be done but it should be fairly straight forward.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: scubarew
Is it as simple as changing the nameservers from my domain control panel, or do Plusnet have to do something at their end. I've taken a look at the possible support tickets and it's not all that obvious.

If you are referring to Fasthost control panel then the answer is yes. I assume that PAYH are hosting the DNS. If so then make a note of the DNS settings then revert the nameservers back to Fasthost then duplicate the DNS setting at Fasthost. That way your website will still be at PAYH until you find another hosting company.
I would recommend finding a hosting company that does not make it compulsory transferring the DNS to them and leave the DNS at Fasthost.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

The above is correct but you still need to tell support to remove the domain from their nameservers to stop any future lookup issues from people using Plusnets nameservers..