Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer an old Freenetname / Madasafish domain out

FIXED
johncross85
Fixes: 1

Transfer an old Freenetname / Madasafish domain out

I have an old Freenetname domain that I want to transfer to another provider. As you probably know, Freenetname was bought by Madasafish, which were bought by PlusNet. this means I dont have, as far as I can tell, an account with PlusNet and cant log in to anywhere. Further more, I've moved house about 4 times since the original domain was registered so any contact info PlusNet may have will be long out of date.

How would I go about getting the domain transferred out?

Thanks!

John

5 REPLIES 5
johncross85

Re: Transfer an old Freenetname / Madasafish domain out

Fix

I think this is probably resolved - or at least in progress of being.

Here's what I found...

PlusNet's phone support is based around you being a broadband or mobile customer so I couldnt get any further there (which makes sense). I couldnt find online chat or email support but there is a Twitter account.

I contacted the Twitter account and they replied very quickly. I gave them some extra info and they passed my request on to the right team. I then got confirmation of a ticket being opened via email.

I honestly thought this would have been harder considering the prehistoric nature of my original request - I registered with Freenetname in about 1998 I think!

Amos1
Hooked

Have you had any luck with this? I have been unable to access my freenetname website for a long time, although it is still live. Madasafish open tickets to sort this, but don't ever come back to me and then the ticket is closed unresolved! So frustrating.

johncross85

Currently the ticket is open but seems to be moving. They asked for the IPSTAG of the new host which seems like a positive step. I'll add another comment if it gets stuck or I get nowhere...

johncross85

Now looks to have now gone through and is transferred to Google domains.

Amos1
Hooked

I'm happy to see you've had a response. I will try through Twitter if that's the way to get somewhere!