cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer a domain in (hosting only)

Okay
Grafter

Transfer a domain in (hosting only)

How to transfer a domain in (hosting only).

I've changed the name servers where my domain is hosted to ns1.force9.net and ns2.force9.net and WHOIS reflects this change. What next please?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Transfer a domain in (hosting only)

I can see to that for you. 

I've just added a ticket to your account, please follow this link to reply: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=186836064

Please drop a reply back here too once that's done and that will come back to me. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Everything Else

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Okay
Grafter

Thanks a lot, added message to the support ticket.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks, 

I've just sent you a reply back to the ticket. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Okay
Grafter

There is a domain hosted on my account that expired in 2008 but is still showing as hosted. They said because of this, it will cost me an annual fee of £25 + VAT to host another. I asked them if they could remove the no longer active one so I could bring in the new one without the additional charge. I asked them to let me know one way or the other and after 3 messages I eventually got a reply which stated: "Dear Mr (my name), Kind regards, [CSA Removed]" The cynic in me says that they don't want to deal with this and this just marks the message as answered in the system. I know, naughty of me. Please convince me this is not the case. Thanks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry for the delayed response.

I believe one of my colleagues has picked up your support ticket 186836064 today and we've removed the no longer active domain. Once you've got the IPSTAG of your new domain changed to FORCE9, if you can give us a nudge over here we'll be happy to add this on to your account for us to host it for you.

[edit]

Apologies I can see you've already changed the name-servers and you're wanting us to just host the domain as opposed to register it as well. I'll get the domain added to your account and I'll reply back once this has been done.

Regarding this:

@Okay wrote:

I asked them to let me know one way or the other and after 3 messages I eventually got a reply which stated: "Dear Mr (my name), Kind regards, [CSA Removed]" The cynic in me says that they don't want to deal with this and this just marks the message as answered in the system. I know, naughty of me. Please convince me this is not the case. 

While I would've liked to see the adviser to have left a response, they escalated this to the correct team which meant that the ticket was picked up as per the response you received today. Sorry about the very long delay.

[edit 2]

This should be sorted now, your domain has been added to your account.

Hope this helps. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Okay
Grafter

Thanks for sorting it out. Seems to be working okay.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries, that's good to see. Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet