cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Domain to another ISP

Ruyton
Grafter

Transfer Domain to another ISP

My domain is registered by Melbourne IT but is managed and renewed by Plusnet.
I am considering moving my website to a different ISP and I would like to know the process for transferring the domain to the new ISP.
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Transfer Domain to another ISP

The help page http://www.plus.net/support/hosting/domains/domainin.shtml (section 6) should provide the information you are seeking.
David
Ruyton
Grafter

Thanks for that, exactly what I was looking for  Smiley
Ah, having looked as this page it seems to mostly be about transferring domains TO Plusnet.  What I need to do is to transfer OUT a .org domain that is registered by Melbourne IT and managed by Plusnet.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You could try raising a ticket using the Help Assistant path given in Section 6 "Transferring a domain out".
David
Ruyton
Grafter

Raising a ticket seems to have very little effect.  I wonder how often the tickets are checked?
Why do you think I am asking about moving my domain away from Plusnet .......
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Ruyton
My domain is registered by Melbourne IT but is managed and renewed by Plusnet.

We're not responsible for renewals, your registrar is (Melbourne IT).
Quote from: Ruyton
I am considering moving my website to a different ISP and I would like to know the process for transferring the domain to the new ISP.

Assuming it's the hosting you're wanting transferring then you would need to approach Melbourne IT and ask that they change the authoritative nameservers to that of your new host. Of course, you would also need to approach the new hosting provider as well to ensure they've done the necessary at their side too.
Once that's in place, you should raise a support ticket and ask us to remove the domain from your account.
Note that doing this will affect email delivery as well as the hosting of your website.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵