Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace a web site

stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Trace a web site

I have used an oil buying website in the past and it has worked well,and now it does not work and e mails are returned,wheb I use Contact Us,  it is an ordering site that directs to a supply source. How can I find who owns it or contact its owner .It will quote for oil but the order part does not work  Any ideas it is  http://www.oilforyou.co.uk They dont actualy handle the money part of the transaction  Thank You
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Trace a web site

pierre_pierre
Grafter

little bit more info here
http://who.is/whois/oilforyou.co.uk/
stathe
Rising Star

Well thanks for that, they are an old established  company of high repute the web site must be faulty Regards Ed strange that the e mail for, contact us ,doesnt work
Oldjim
Resting Legend

They may be an old established company but that website is registered to a private individual so is a bit odd,
Registrant's address:
        The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
        address omitted from the WHOIS service.
which is an outright lie as the registrant is a trading company
stathe
Rising Star

I have in the past had oil from "oil for you",the oil order was given to Tinknells and was  paid for with Pay Pal and they delivered. Tinknells is a family business based in Wells  Somerset. The site says oil will be delivered by the cheapest suplier and prices on the site are cheaper than on the phone direct to Tinknells I willask on Monday as 1000litres is about 15 cheaper with " oil for you." Another such site is Boilerjuice. Thank You for your interest
stathe
Rising Star

Well i have spoken to them ( Tinknells ) and an outside web firm runs it for them and it wil lbe fixed, meanwhile i have used a site Direct Oil which is Watson a Texaco company in this area again as much as 1 p a litre less than direct from them. I would apteciate it if you would tell me how to trace site owners Thank you
Oldjim
Resting Legend

decomplexity
Rising Star

Another such site is Boilerjuice
Hmmm.. see http://heating-oil.blogs-uk.co.uk/dcc-claims-profiting-boiler-juice-price-hikes/
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
stathe
Rising Star

Thanks for that Old Jim I am also old but not so sharp with computers as you somay be older ?Huh
stathe
Rising Star

The point about Boilerjuice ,Direct Oil, Oil for you etc is that they all seem cheaper than if you phone the owners own selling office, or even the likes of MVF a farmers buying group, the amounts are small but 1p a litre on 1000 is £10 Yesterday Watsons Quoted 53.98 litre,and Oilfor you ( owned by Watsons) 52.35 a good saveing.( all plus VAT ) If you need oil, unless you have a large tank, you have little time to check prices and I have found these sites are often cheaper. Silvey have a site of their own which is also slightly cheaper than their order office . Thanks for your interest. Oil prices are of course regional.