cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totalise web site

PatrickS

Totalise web site

Many years ago, when I had a totalise account (before the days of madasafish), there was webspace provided in the shape of a directory at www.users.totalise.co.uk/~shields/  and I had various data usefully stored there.

I have just noticed that it can no longer be accessed.  Is that right or has the address changed?   Is there an equivalent facility for me with plusnet?

Patrick

6 REPLIES 6
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Totalise web site

If you joined Plusnet many years ago, you got 500MB of web space. That was withdrawn for new accounts - maybe 5-8 years ago.

But I've still got mine. 🐵

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Tech Help to Everything Else.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@VileReynard wrote:

If you joined Plusnet many years ago, you got 500MB of web space. 

I don't think it was as generous as that, I remember 250MB, well that's what mine was/is.

Edit:  removed part of preceding post from quote

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I don't actually use it (hardly at all) so you may be right - the oldest file dates from 2008!

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @PatrickS I've checked your Madasafish account and the ability to access your webspace allowance (Of up to 100MB) is definitely still available. I've discussed this with a colleague from our networks team and we can see your webpages are still available however there's no index.html file, so the directory isn't loading correctly.

I'd recommend logging into the FTP server www.users.totalise.co.uk through an FTP client using your Madasafish username and password, and creating the index file as the homepage, and your website should then load normally.

I've also checked your Plusnet account and it doesn't look like you signed up with any webspace allocation there.

Let us know how it goes. I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PatrickS

I got distracted, but have just got back and found out the problem.

The link I was using did not specify HTTP or HTTPS and it was defaulting to the latter, but that failed to conntect.  When I made it explcitly the former, that worked perfectly.