cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported Domain Extensions

Gunny

Supported Domain Extensions

Good Afternoon,
Can anyone tell me which domain extensions are supported by Plusnet? This is for Hosting-Only - not Full Control.
eg. If I had say a .be domain and pointed it at the plusnet nameservers would I be able to use it on my static IP?

Many Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Gunny

Re: Supported Domain Extensions

Anyone?
Got a .co domain I want to register but there's no point if I can't use it with plus net  Crazy
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Is there any particular reason why you want to use Plusnet's nameservers rather than those provided by your chosen registrar?
Gunny

Thanks for the reply.
Can you explain the process of doing that? You don't mean Domain forwarding do you?
I want my Hostname/ IP reverse DNS to be "domain.com" rather than username.plus.net hence the reason I thought I had to point the domain at the plusnet nameservers?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you ask Plusnet to set the rDNS entry for your IP they should be able to configure it to be 'yourdomain.tld' as needed.  The nameservers that currently host your domain can be used to point 'yourdomain.tld' to your IP address.  You'll need to make sure the entry is made (and propagated) on the forward nameserver before Plusnet will change the reverse.
There shouldn't be any need for Plusnet to actually host your domain.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This explains it
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22425&wizard_id=38
* The domain name may be any domain already hosted on your Plusnet account. We can also delegate rDNS to a non-hosted domain however you must create the forward DNS record first. We may also ask you to provide proof of ownership of the domain, for example a scanned copy of the domain registration certificate. The hostname can be anything (sensible!), but it is only possible to have a single subdomain (ie host.host.domain is not possible). If you have a block of IP addresses you can request one hostname for each IP.
Gunny

Thanks chaps.
Much appreciated.