Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange offer from Plusnet

FIXED
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Strange offer from Plusnet

Over recent months I've received several offers to re-contract with Plusnet, with a £5 discount. Due to serious concerns about Plusnet's performance, I've been in two minds whether to migrate, and so have thus far declined the offers.

But now there's a new twist, which makes me wonder whether the right hand knows what the left is doing. Roll_eyes

Today I received a marketing email titled "You deserve cheaper broadband". It was sent to my registered Plusnet contact email, and addresses me by name, so therefore I'm a customer - right? Yet it advises that it's easy to switch, I'll get a brand new router (£6.99 p&p), and I'll be notified on activation.

Try broadband with added satisfaction

Hello Xxxxxxxx

Plusnet has more satisfied customers than Sky, Virgin and TalkTalk thanks to our reliable broadband, low prices and award-winning service. Fancy joining us? Switching’s easy and right now you’d be up for a tasty offer: Unlimited Broadband and line rental from £18 a month for 12 months* (+ £6.99 P&P).

Unlimited Broadband from 18.00

Naturally, I can't reply to this email, and obviously I'm not going to faff around in a queue for phone or chat - so, via the forum -

Dear Plusnet,

I am currently a customer, but have lately been considering my options. Your latest email does not inspire confidence. Undecided

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
6 REPLIES 6
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Strange offer from Plusnet

A few years ago i would agree with the adverts ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Now i just say , dont bother Sad

PN going as they are now wont last 2017

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I have to agree that Plusnet is now failing in so many areas that I am seriously considering 'biting the bullet' and migrating.  This after 11 years!  Confidence that Plusnet will "Do me proud" are now zero.

Time to follow JELV methinks.  Knuppel

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Fix

@198kHz - Your email is tied in to both a cancelled account and a live account. I believe that this is why you're in the two separate distribution lists. I checked the cancelled account and you seem to be their referee, so assuming you'll be aware of this?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@MattyC   Thanks Matty; that's probably the explanation. 

My email should be tied to my two live accounts, and it was tied to one account which was cancelled last December - should it not be "de-coupled" by now?

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It is tied to that one too, but thought I'd only mention the accounts in question. I'll remove your email from the closed account for you.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

Ta muchly.  Smiley

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)