cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange keep connecting to ISP: infonet services corporation

DreamVB
Grafter

Strange keep connecting to ISP: infonet services corporation

Hi noticed something strange for some reason I keep connecting to ISP: infonet services corporation, I used to see this before but read just to reconnect I used to does this and I used to get a different Plusnet, I but now it just const set on ISP: infonet services corporation now matter how many times I reset my connection. this has only happened in the last week, but I noticed some speed drops as well, tho I done a few speed tests and they look fine but when downloading the speed has come right down. as I say this has just happened in the last few weeks before that it been fine.

The other day I seen a message in my questions account that said

"A LLU PSTN cease has been placed on this account. This is due to complete on 07/11/2016 23:59:59

Do you think the above has anything to do with it. also cannot view any Usage anymore. any ideas Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Strange keep connecting to ISP: infonet services corporation

@DreamVB Before I start - I am NOT a PlusNet staff, this information is, however to the best of my knowledge, correct.

Your 'connection' to Infonet services is a bit of a red herring - you are still connected to Plusnet, but they have bought blocks of IP's from Infonet and the records have not been updated, so no need to worry on that score.

Your speed drops, as you describe them don't quite tie in with the comment  that speed tests look fine - are they done at the same time as  downloading appears slow?

The message re: LLU PSTN  cease is merely the cack-handed way Plusnets internal service reports that you have been moved to the new Plusnet network, which will also explain your inability to change IP address - the new network handles IP allocation differently, and will not always allocate a different IP on disconnect/reconnect.

I think this is explained somewhere, but can't remember where at the moment, sorry.

You will possibly find your usage will reset itself either in the next couple of weeks or when your next billing period starts, but as I assume you are on unlimited, I shouldn't worry about that too much.

Hope I've answered some of your concerns, but post back if I can be of any further help.

John
DreamVB
Grafter

Re: Strange keep connecting to ISP: infonet services corporation

Thank you I think this has answerd most of my questions.I been reading in the other forum selection about packet loss so that maybe why my speed seems to be up and down. maybe it be back to normal in a few days. Thanks agian for the information. very helpfull.