cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP and rDNS

jal2911

Static IP and rDNS

My full fibre connection went live on Tuesday and I'm unable to activate the static IP in my online account. I understand this is a known issue and would be grateful if someone could activiate this for me. I would also like the rDNS for my static IP to be changed to ispconfig.masksupport.com

I spoke to technical support yesterday who were supposed to have sorted the static IP but I believe I'm still getting a dynamic IP and the option to activate the static IP has disappeared from my online account. They also said that the rDNS can't be changed but I've seen several posts saying this can be done so would really appreciate some help.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Static IP and rDNS

It certainly is available on Business accounts and used to be on residential accounts.  The answer to this question seems to be predicated on how up to date an agent is when answering the question.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jal2911

Re: Static IP and rDNS

Thanks for the info. I have now been contacted by Plusnet and they are sorting it for me.