cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP and "Contact Us tool here at the Portal"

FIXED
twild

Static IP and "Contact Us tool here at the Portal"

I'm not sure why but in Connection Settings under Static IP it's coming that I'm using a dynamic IP with a button there to Activate Your Static IP.  Hitting it does nothing.

I'm fairly confident that the IP address on my router the same as I was using for dialup in 2001 though and that I should have a static IP address.  I'm also fairly sure that I should also have a spare IP address that I'm now trying to find the details for but it no longer appears under the Static IP section of the Connection Settings.  Anyone know where to find it?

I've also been trying to follow the instruction to use the "Contact Us tool here at the Portal" to raise a ticket but I can't find it.  Anyone able to point me in the right direction for it?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Static IP and "Contact Us tool here at the Portal"

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Everything Else 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

You do have a static IP address.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

The portal no longer shows static IPs which were added in an era long ago when the internet was young.

You do have a 4 block static IP though and I've dropped you an email to confirm them.

The first and last of those addresses are unusable as they're for the network and broadcast. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet