cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard html mailto on cgi server

lowcost

Standard html mailto on cgi server

Need some help please,
am attempting to install mailto in standard html on my website page, which contains a form, this is on the cgi server, which should work, so i am told, but doesn't; appears to send form results but nothing arrives in my inbox. Possibly a configuration issue, i don't know, have raised ticket with pn who suggested i raise the problem here, so, please if anybody can assist, i really could do with some help to resolve this.
Thank you for the response, yes it would help if i were to provide a reference of the script this indicates how this is getting to me, next it will be men in white coats coming to take me away. the script is as follows:
      <FORM name=RequestForm1 action=mailto:blah@blah.plus.com
            method=post encType=text/plain><INPUT type=hidden value=FormResults
            name=email> <INPUT type=hidden value=RequestForm1 name=subject>
            <INPUT type=hidden
if anybody is able to tell me why this isn't working, would be very gratefull.
4 REPLIES 4
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Standard html mailto on cgi server

Can I suggest that you copy in the relevant portions of the html and of the cgi script.
You should probably mask the actual mail address with asterisks when you copy in the code to the forums.
Prod_Man
Grafter

Depends,
Have you:
Set the correct permissions of the script.
executed it properly.
checked your syntax.
properly encased/escpaed strings.
As geewiz points out -
source files would be a help else we have no idea what you have actually done or tried.
(sorry if that sounds bold or snappy)
Jim,
Prod_Man
Grafter

Your HTML Syntax is right out the window! Sad
That and you cannot have "mailto:" as a Form Action it just doesn't work, it's not the same as using HREF's.
You require a script to return the Mail - PlusNet have an internal Mailer Script with you can use very easily.
even with your code written it isn't functional as the INPUTS that should be visible are set to hidden and unchangable by the user.

<FORM NAME = "RequestForm1" ACTION "http://homaepages.plus.net/cgi-bin/form" METHOS = "POST">
<INPUT TYPE = "HIDDEN" NAME = "recipient"  VALUE = "mailaddresshere@domain.plus.com">
    <INPUT TYPE = "HIDDEN" NAME = "subject" VALUE = "Feedback Form">
    <TABLE>
<TR><TD><CENTER><B>Send Feeback</B></CENTER></TD</TR>
<TR><TD><INPUT TYPE = "TEXT" NAME = "Realname"></TD></TR>
<TR><TD<TEXTAREA ROWS = "25" COLS = "12" NAME = "text area"></TEXTAREA></TD></TR>
<TR><TD><P ALIGN = "RIGHT"><INPUT TYPE = "SUBMIT" VALUE = "Send Feeback"></P></TD></TR>
</TABLE>
</FORM>

That was made by taking the following framework and modifying it to make a decent Mailer FORM Script.
PlusNet Email Form Script
Hope that helps.
Jim,
lowcost

Thank you so much for your response, have successfully resolved this issue now.
lowcost