cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Plusnet webspace

tonysmith123
Dabbler

Standard Plusnet webspace

My initial package included 250mb free web space. Some years ago PN advised that their server was to be decommissioned and asked me to move to PAYH. After I had switched PN decided to retain their server. The PN portal now indicates I still have 250mb of available web space. When I try to access the domain on the PN server their is a re-direct facility which leads nowhere. Has anyone else got this problem?
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Standard Plusnet webspace

The redirect is due to a static html file that somebody (you?) has uploaded to the /htdocs folder on the FTP server. It looks to be trying to redirect to our old Frontpage platform that was decommissioned about five years ago.
<head>
<title>Westlands Bowling Club</title>
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; url=http://fp.XXX123.plus.com">
</head>

You need to simply connect to your webspace using FTP (ftp.plus.net) and overwrite/remove/replace that file.
adie:green obfuscated account name.]

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

tonysmith123
Dabbler

Hi Bob many thanks for explanation. I'm not au fait with IT and unsure on how to delete the link directing to front page server. When I access through ftp.plus.net there is htdocs folder in which there is 880 index.html When I open this the re-direct page appears. I've tried following the Alt, View, Open site in File Explorer but that leads to Temp Internet page (blank). If I eventually grasp how to delete fp link page I'll then aim to upload my website to this server, will this be a complex matter? Thanks again for trying to assist, sorry for pestering again.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

You're probably better using an FTP client like Filezilla rather than Internet Explorer.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵