Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special line and consideration for a deaf customer

pauljs
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Special line and consideration for a deaf customer

Hi,

I have a friend who is with plusnet and she is 90% deaf (and cannot use a hearing loop).  Do you have any kind of provision to help her out?  she called today because lighning seems to have caused a major issue with her router.  this is the 4th time in as many years this has happened.  she called plusnet CS and she could not really hear or understand the person on the other end.  She asked him multiple times to speak slowly and clearly but he took no notice and eventually she got so fed up and frustrated that she had to end the call.  Now she doesn'e even know whether a new router is on the way.  

She has 2 telephone poles on teh outside of the property and we don't know if the strike was on the house itself or one of the nearby poles.  I have asked her to talk to plusnet to see if Openreach can install any sort of lightning rod to the poles to prevent this from happening in the future. I don't even know if this is a thing thet they can do?Huh

Every tiome this happens she is without broadband for a week or more.  Last time (a month or so back) she was without the router for over 2 weeks because of the postal delays.  

She relies on the broadband for Sign language services and other serveices critical to her.

Thanks

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Special line and consideration for a deaf customer

Hi Paul

Here's Plusnet's page on helping people with hearing difficulties: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/support-for-customers-with-disabilities/hearing/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pauljs
Grafter

Doesn't help her in this scenario unfortunately.  She has no broadband because of the lightning and so the best options of Text Relay and such like are not an option.  What she really needed was fro the CS rep to do as aksed and talk slowly and clearly 🙂

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

In the first instance (to get the service working again) it is best to use the automated fault bots - there is one for phone and one for broadband - the links are below.

These might give rise to a call from Plusnet.  How is she attempting to phone Plusnet?  A mobile phone?  Does that have internet access - if it does, responses can be made via the fault tickets which will be created on her account - see the PN Tickets link below.  Do you have access to her account as a nominated person?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pauljs
Grafter

Hi,

Here neighbour called for her and the router is on its way.  For the future I am going to get myself added to her account as suggested so I can act on her behalf 🙂

Thanks

Paul

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @pauljs, please feel free to send me a PM with the username and I'll take a look for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pauljs
Grafter

Thanks Adam,

I think we are all set now.  I am a named person on the account and the router arrived today and is all setup.

Many thanks

Paul