possyred5

Re: Watch out for email phishing scams supposedly from plusnet

Hi - I got the same e-mail and rang them

They asked me to forward it to this address

'mobile-help@plus.net'

samuria
Grafter

The email address that sent mine is officeplusnet@creditfix.co.uk they are now bombarding me with txt and phone call for the debt  the abuse email address abuse@plus.net.isnt working why isnt plus net spam filters blocking this?

Plusnet <officeplusnet@creditfix.co.uk>

21 Mar (1 day ago)

to jan
Why is this message in Spam? It's similar to messages that were detected by our spam filters.  Learn more

Image result for plus.net

Let's get you sorted

Paying your bill online

If you've missed a payment, don't worry, you can pay safely and securely online.

Please note: this service will be suspended in 48hours after receiving this message in case the payment is not done.

Make payment

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed malicious links
bwelfare

Re: Scam Email?

I have received the same email 

Watch out guys

Saz23

Re: Spam / Phishing from PN

Also received exactly the same message.

Reported to abuse@plus.net

But why are the spam filters not capturing and why is there no notification of the issue from PlusNet????

Ian_M

Thanks - that's worked Smiley

JohnBG1

Re: Scam Email?

I have also just received a virtually identical Scam, immediate suspicion as it purported to concern my mobile account which I don’t have, being a business and fixed line customer.

I have forwarded it to abuse@plus.net and so far it hasn’t bounced back, so fingers crossed.

Misty

I have had 2 similar in last 24 hours, both headed 'Payment Invoice' but from 2 different addresses, one in USA & other in UK. Rather worrying & dangerous for the unwary! Can PN do anything about this phishing?

dabow
Rising Star

The email address " abuse@plus.net"  keeps bouncing back the info. It is no use sending stuff to this address.

SP_Kent

Hello,

it helps to initially display email as text, it makes it harder for the spammers to hide behind logos etc.

Several clues this is a spam message:

* the source email is supportplus@axa-insurance.co.uk - why would PlusNet write from an Axa account?

* the name is my email account, PlusNet know who i am]

* there are three gramattical errors in the boy of the mail

* the update link resolves to [-removed-]- why would PlusNet use a non PlusNet site in India and a quick search on the web shows this is a suspected phising site.

one to block and delete

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed link to malicious site.
NotAGeek

I’ve received the sam email today too, but when I’ve tried to forward it to abuse@plus.net it’s been returned due to  a permanent error!

MarcT512
Hooked

Exactly the same phishing spam here.

The "mobile account" link is to:

<somewhere>.in/plusnet.php

(ie India)

Dear <my primary email address> ,

This is a notification regarding your last month invoice. It looks like you missed a payment.
Don't worry, you can pay safely and securely online.

Please note: this service will suspended in 48hours after receiving this message in case the payment is not done.

To update your Plusnet Mobile details, please go to your 
mobile account .

[logo]

©  Plusnet plc  All Rights Reserved. E&OE

NB: I was unable to forward it to either abuse@plus.net or mobile-help@plus.net. Both addresses give an SMTP error:

reason: 552 z9zKeeE4ZclgCz9zLetKJx message rejected due to spam or virus. 

...which is not exactly helpful.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed malicous site address.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

See this earlier 2015 topic  on the subject.  The address abuse@plus.net does not accept attachments - I've asked for clarification on the process.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

samuria
Grafter

The headers from the email show they are coming from Plus net ip 212.159.9.108 a known spammer http://ip-address-lookup-v4.com/ip/212.159.9.108   from [212.159.9.108] (helo=avasin08.plus.net) by inmx12.plus.net with esmtp (PlusNet MXCore v2.00) id 1eyeck-00047A-Cu

rom avasout01.plus.net ([212.159.9.108]) by Plusnet Cloudmark Gateway with ESMTP id yebmeDubkvnSVyeckehR14; Wed, 21 Mar 2018 14:21:54 +0000

The worrying thing is were are they getting the usernames from has plus net been hacked?

Can others post were the emails are coming from it may help see https://whatismyipaddress.com/trace-email

JohnBG1

I agree my email was correct and one of those in constant use. An odd individual could easily fall victim by numerous routes, however this scammer seems to have a bulk deal of up to date valid emails. PN should provide be able to assure us that if a compromise has occurred it has been addressed or provide an explanation of how so many customers have been targeted.

johnBG1

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We are aware that some of our customers have been targeted by a scam and would like to reassure you that there has been no compromise.  Please do not follow any of the links provided within the email, it should be ignored and deleted.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team