Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam / Phishing from PN

howie13pnet
Dabbler

Re: Spam / Phishing from PN

Have also received this bogus email.

See attached screenshot (recipient's name obscured by me).large.jpg

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information (email address) removed from a public forum.

greenfinch1
Hooked

Have received 2 subsequent phishing emails.  The latest with an address of customerservice@rice.edu  Have forwarded them up to the abuse@plus.net address.  I hope they won't be rejected as my earlier submission was.  Any idea why PlusNet customers are being targeted so heavily today?

greenfinch1
Hooked

All my emails to abuse@plus.net rejected.  

Fotoman

Scam Email?

Received an email from: supportplus@axa-insurance.co.uk stating:

This is a notification regarding your last month invoice. It looks like you missed a payment. Don't worry, you can pay safely and securely online. Please note: this service will suspended in 48hours after receiving this message in case the payment is not done.

Is this you?  I am presuming it isn't.

Fotoman

hensteeth

Re: Scam Email?

I've just got the exact same message from Plus.net service. Clearly a scam to get you to click on the link.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hensteeth - WOW You're a rare occurrence around here! Grin

GhostDragon
Hooked

Just got 2 of these.  Fortunately I am one of those people who keep close check on money, so had all my details, dates, payments etc.  What really alerted me we received 2 emails, one to what Plus Net has as our contact, and a second one which is just my personal email.  Anyway we don't owe anything, but I can see how some people can still be so gullible, and follow through to payment.  I did ring Plus Net to double check the account was clear, just in case, and mentioned to them about other emails I had reported regarding messages to say Plus Net were holding a suspicious email, and to click on a link to get the email.  There were a few of those, and now this, reported these too, is anyone interested at Plus Net?  I just ask because overall we get a few of these sort of emails from a bogus Plus Net, and as a company I would be interested why I was being targeted, and is it that easy for hackers to access Plus Net subscriber emails?  I don't have a great understanding of technology, but wouldn't you be a little curious if you were running the company?

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Threads merged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

greenofashbourn
Grafter

I've also just received one. Have forwarded to abuse@plus.net.

The thing which marginally concerns me is whether there may have been a data breach at Axa, as it looks like a few people have had an email purporting to come from there. If they found email addresses, it would be easy then to target anyone with a *.plus.com email address with a message about plusnet.

Capture.JPG

greenofashbourn
Grafter

Oh, my email to abuse@plus.net bounced back

Final-recipient: rfc822; abuse@plus.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.5.0 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

Last-attempt-Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:31:45 +0000

BoneMan
Grafter

Hi PN, can/will you do something about abuse@plus.net not accepting these messages please? It makes that email address completely useless if it won't accept these suspect mails Cry

I was v. lucky in getting mine looked at as 'Darkfire' gave me an email that *would* accept it.

Best,

Ray. 

DrSeeAll
Grafter

Watch out for email phishing scams supposedly from plusnet

I've just received this email below at a few of my plusnet email alias addresses (correct addresses).

The senders email is "Plus.net Service <supportplus@axa-insurance.co.uk>"

and the link included is "https://vanillagroup.in/plusnet.php"

The source includes this

Received: from axa-insurance.co.uk ([81.174.162.4])
	by smtp with ESMTP
	id yzrneAQ4gy3jiyzrpeXNSf; Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:02:54 +0000

Obviously a phishing scam.  It seems there is no other way to report them.

===========================

Dear xxxx@xxxxx.plus.com ,

This is a notification regarding your last month invoice. It looks like you missed a payment.
Don't worry, you can pay safely and securely online.

Please note: this service will suspended in 48hours after receiving this message in case the payment is not done.

To update your Plusnet Mobile details, please go to your 
mobile account .

©  Plusnet plc  All Rights Reserved. E&OE

DrSeeAll
Grafter

Re: Watch out for email phishing scams supposedly from plusnet

It seems this has been reported before and the answer is to forward the offending emails to " abuse@plus.net "

This I have now done.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Re:Spam / Phishing from PN

Moderator's note:

Threads merged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Ian_M

Re: Watch out for email phishing scams supposedly from plusnet

Just tried to forward a phishing mail to abuse@plus.net and it's bouncing. Can someone please check which e-mail address we should be using?

Thanks