cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So fed up with slow internet

Gregg
Grafter

So fed up with slow internet

Seriously we are in 2021 and I still have 5 mbyte per second and no upload speed. I grew up with dial up and first got broadband in 2004 and it has hardly increased since then 15 years and no progress. I still get constant disconnects on the line no matter the ISP or house I live in. It is utter rubbish to be polite. Old stinking copper and they milk it for too long. BT/open reach are a pile of steaming rubbish. I live within the m25 and I can't even get a decent speed, pathetic. 

15 REPLIES 15
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: So fed up with slow internet

@Gregg Nice rant. Have you done any self-help to mitigate the problem? Have you reported the issues?

Sight of your Helpdesk tab on your router (with personal details removed),  and of BTW Performance Tester (with your phone number hidden) and BT Broadband would be a help.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gregg
Grafter

lol self help. I need some therapist to deal with the issue Cheesy

jab1
Legend

No, you need to help us to help you, which is why I posted the links I did - they are the starting points.

John
Gregg
Grafter

I don't think you understand the problem. It is not just me it is everyone that has slow internet. 

jab1
Legend

I certainly don't understand that comment. Who is this 'everyone'?

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Gregg

I've had trouble in trying to find your account through the Community, so if you'd like to send me a PM with your account username, I'd be happy to have a look into any anomalies on your line. 

for future reference though, simply stating that your broadband is slow, and that you're having disconnections, does not really give us, or other Community Forum members enough information to be able to offer any meaningful assistance. It'd be great if you're able to provide speed test results (preferably wired), to state whether you're using a Plusnet issued router perhaps...

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@Gregg wrote:  It is not just me it is everyone that has slow internet. 

Believe me, not every one has slow internet 🙂  But it would help if you were to go visit here and show a screenshot (without any personal info showing). That way people will know exactly what products you can have and what sort of speeds you should be getting. Likewise, speedtests results help as well.

Until you post some results here, there is not much anyone can do to assist you.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Gregg
Grafter

Most people in the UK have slow internet, except for people who have FTTP. I even tried vigin media 500mbit but they restrict SSH traffic to 5 mbyte a second, so I cancelled it.

I am moaning about the lack of FTTP roll out, not that my internet is slow. 

I want gigabit internet already is what I am saying. 

jab1
Legend

Ah, now we are getting somewhere. What you are saying is that you perceive the people on Fibre To The Cabinet are on a slower speed than those on Fibre To The Premises. This is true up to a point, but if you really NEED the high speed of FTTP, you will end up paying a lot of money for something which as a home user (I presume you are one?) you will get very little benefit from.

John
Gregg
Grafter

I want faster internet not 80mbit non sense it is 2021. Simple realy. 

jab1
Legend

Why?

John
Gregg
Grafter

Because it is slow and it is 2021 and I need more bandwidth for teaching morons on forums. 

jab1
Legend

OK - so basically you have no idea what you are talking about.

John