Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up an email account to end in my domain

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Setting up an email account to end in my domain

So my domain got registered and hosted today.
However I'm struggling to actually create an email account to end in my domain name (danjoux6.co.uk)
I've gone through the manage my mail in member centre but it is just the usual ending in the username.plus.com
Also on another topic is how can I get my domain to point to another website - such as wordpress or a wix site.
regards
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
8 REPLIES 8
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Setting up an email account to end in my domain

Who has registered and is hosting your website ? Generally they sort the email etc from their end.
picbits
Rising Star

....... also danjoux.co.uk appears not to have been registered by anyone (unless it is pending) - checking on whois.co.uk shows the domain is still available.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

[Just a gentle suggestion - Opening new threads for each question isn't particularly helpful.  This question could have been tacked onto your £1 domain thread and therefore had some context.]
Your domain only appears to have been registered today.  The Plusnet DNS servers are not responding to queries regarding your domain yet so leave it 24 hours or so before testing again.
Regarding your website question, you'll need to configure the 'www' record on PN's DNS to point to the system hosting your webspace and use the tools on your hosting provider's system to direct queries for www.danjoux6.co.uk to your account.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Sorry for not making this all clear as it could be.
I've made a correction to my OP and it should be www.danjoux6.co.uk
The domain was registered and created by Plusnet.
It's showing in my member centre as registered and hosted.
Regards
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
pwatson
Rising Star

As I said, the PN DNS servers are not yet serving records for your domain - Leave it 24 hours...
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Okay, I'll pop back tomorrow then  Wink
pwatson
Rising Star

The DNS records have updated and propagated now... Wink
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I can confirm that my email account has been set up.
However Plusnet probably need to update that page as it can be confusing if it's ending in yourusername.plus.com instead of domain.co.uk
However logging in proved a live chat to customer services as you have to enter your email address instead of username+mailbox name
Regards
NE