cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Wordpress

Merago

Setting up Wordpress

Ok, I've had a search through the forums and found a few articles on setting up Wordpress, one of them in particular seemed to cover everything perfectly, however it mentioned accessing the CCGI server via telnet to run a command (fixphpperms.sh -c) to enable PHP scripting to run, but of course, Telnet is disabled whilst the work continues on the CGI servers.  I've found that I can't run the install.php script on my website and I have naturally assumed this was due to me not being able to run the command to allow php scripting to run on my sites, am I correct in this assumption and I'll just have to wait until the work is finished or should I be able to do this anyway wihtout the command (or is it possible via another method)?  I just don't want to put this down to the CGI server issues when all the while I could be resolving the real cause of my problems.
2 REPLIES 2
Gabe
Grafter

Re: Setting up Wordpress

It is possible to fix your permissions, either using your ftp client or by a using a simple script. However, it would (IMHO) be prudent to wait for the new platform, if you can.
Gabe
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Setting up Wordpress

Using the FireFTP extension to Firefox to bulk-modify file permissions is described in this post by Bob Pullen. I can confirm it works.
David
David