cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servers gone down?

mdfsnet
Dabbler

Servers gone down?

I tried to log onto my webmail and got "login failed", logging onto my plesk admin gives "this account has been suspended". Even my website has vanished giving "hosting for this domain is not configured no such domain registered in Plesk"
What's going on? If my account is going to be suspended, shouldn't I at least be told why it's going to be suspended before its suspended so that I know it's going to be suspended?
9 REPLIES 9
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Servers gone down?

The service is being decommissioned. You should have received two or three emails about this over recent months?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mdfsnet
Dabbler

No, never received anything about this. How can I get hold of (a) my site contents and (b) my email contents, and (c) how do I get everything working again?
dick:quote
mdfsnet
Dabbler

It will ages, but I can probably recreate the website contents from off-line sources, but it is utterly crucial that I get the email contents.
dick:quote
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Bob should be able to help you out. (Hopefully tomorrow)
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
JCohen

Hi mdfsnet,
I may be able to get your account re-enabled to give you access to Plesk and Webmail for a short period, however there appears to be an issue with the server you are on at present.
I'll raise this internally, and update you further shortly.
If you need any help in the meantime, either drop PAYH support an email (support@payh.co.uk) or call on 0114 296 5167 (after 9am).
Jon
JCohen

Hi mdfsnet,
Your account has now been re-enabled. Your website appears to be back up and running and you should be able to access Plesk and webmail.
As per Bob's comments, the service has been decommissioned, so you will need to take steps to move the hosting to a new provider and back up the site's contents/emails.
Please note that the hosting will be disabled again on 28/08/14 after which point we will not be able to re-enable it.
If you need any further help/assistance, let us know.
Jon
mdfsnet
Dabbler

Quote from: Jon
Your account has now been re-enabled. Your website appears to be back up and running and you should be able to access Plesk and webmail.

Thanks. I spent the start of this week fetching everything, including downloading everything from the mail server. However, this morning as soon as Thunderbird saw that it could see my new server, it went and deleted all the local copies of my email! Months and months of Sent, Read, Sent-Jobs, Read-Jobs, and a random selection of Intray, including the email with my new server details. Is the world just conspiring against me?
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Quote from: mdfsnet
Is the world just conspiring against me?

No it's conspiring against me too  Tongue
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: mdfsnet
Quote from: Jon

Thanks. I spent the start of this week fetching everything, including downloading everything from the mail server. However, this morning as soon as Thunderbird saw that it could see my new server, it went and deleted all the local copies of my email!

Ouch! How had you downloaded the messages? Have you completely lost them?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵