cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Time [SOLVED]

strider
Grafter

Server Time [SOLVED]

Does anyone else find the server time is 2 hours different from real time.
I'm on a <user-name>.plus.com web space that came with my account when I joined PlusNet many moons ago.
If I modify a file and upload it to the sever the time the files shows on the server is 2 hours ahead of when I updated it.  So I upload a files at 19:10 and the time of the file when I look at it on the server is 21:00.
Additionally the time time resolution on the server appears to be 1 minute.
Anyone else have this problem?
s
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Server Time

Is that on homepages or ccgi? I assume the latter since you mention the one-minute resolution.
I use the Force9 servers rather than the Plusnet ones, however just uploaded a file to homepages; file modification time on my Windows Vista PC is 19:14:08 (or was when I did this check) (BST), upload time on the homepages server is 19:14:38. So no mismatch.
On ccgi; different file, time on my PC is 19:25:39 (BST), upload time on the ccgi server is 20:26:00. I hour mismatch, and 1 minute resolution.
This is using FileZilla 3.5.0. Timezone offset is set to zero.
I think times were consistent during the winter months, but the BST change is probably counted twice, once by a 1 hour time offset and once by a 1 hour daylight saving offset.
David
strider
Grafter

Re: Server Time

Thanks for the reply spraxyt.
Yes I was talking about the ccgi server.
I am use FileZilla but only v3.3.1 (and running on Ubuntu) but your comment about 'Timesone offset' pointed me to the server settings in FileZilla.  Now I know how to correct the time difference I should be fine.  I'm still curious why I see a 2 hour difference but I can live with it.
So thanks again
S