cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security issues

J20

Security issues

Hi can anyone help me
I have had in the last 3 months so many issues with my broadband, in terms of security issues. To the point it’s actually so bad that it has prevented me from going back to work.

Stage 1- When I logged into my hub/router a few weeks ago, I reviewed devices that were listed
Stage 2-
Sonos - fine
Daughters iPhone 8plus - fine
Samsung TV - fine
My phone despite 1 of them being a 7 plus - named on my device listed as - iPhone 35 - not fine
From this resetting my phones new Passwords, ect securing them, after doing this I have contact stage 3- Plusnet, every time to request a new log in.
I have never had so many issues,
The last call to plusnet I use the home phone only to contact them, the person from the plusnet, team Stated your home phone line is awful, have you had a fault before- I stated no from this I moved
Stage 4- I bought a new phone just to not connect it to the internet to surf online, like normal people do, despite turning off the WiFi access on the phone. As soon as I use safari immediately
The below picture flags up with, unusual traffic coming from my network, that could be malicious.

Using an alternative secure browser is the same

I actually believe from the picture below my broadband has actually been, hacked - if that’s correct in terminology. Due to the fact my IP address does not correlate with pic below?
Also from reviewing my IP address on my phone see 2nd pic domain name - Ian I have no clue idea why what this is why it’s there. No matter what I do, it’s got significantly worse.

I have reviewed if I’m correct in what I believe to be the issue, & think I have to actually end the contract early & go with another internet provider.

So so not happy
Jem someone please help
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Security issues

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the spam filter and moved from Chat to Everything Else 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Jem,

A warm welcome to the forums.

"The below picture flags up with, unusual traffic coming from my network, that could be malicious."

Did you intend to attach an image?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@J20 wrote: The last call to plusnet I use the home phone only to contact them, the person from the plusnet, team Stated your home phone line is awful, have you had a fault before- I stated no from this I moved

And was the fault repaired? If you have a phone line fault everything else, be it ADSL or a FTTC connection falls by the wayside, as they use your phone line to get to your premises.

As @Townman mentions, no pictures attached.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
J20

@Townman I do apologise but unfortunately I’m not able to upload the pictures, but due to the simple fact, that the phone/email account that then I used to subscribe to plusnet when I joined, has been the added security hacked let’s say issue, but it’s fine it all adds to where I’m going to make the change, so @which way did I come in daily BS lol seriously ever lasting, clear clarity of no matter what I do @postive feed back or back chat

And no the fault was not fixed but thank you for now supporting me to end early the disconnection just the way I wanted 0
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Townman , @idonno Hope one of you made more sense of all that than I did - I drafted a long reply much earlier this morning, then lost it when the browser locked up.

John
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@J20 wrote:  unfortunately I’m not able to upload the pictures, but due to the simple fact, that the phone/email account that then I used to subscribe to plusnet when I joined, has been the added security hacked let’s say issue,
And no the fault was not fixed but thank you for now supporting me to end early the disconnection just the way I wanted

If you can post on here, you should be able to attach pictures either through 'insert photos' or file attachments.

But whatever, if you are looking to move on, I would suggest you get the phone line issue fixed. Whoever you go with, that phone line will still be a major problem. To test. Plug a wired phone into the test socket (no filter) ring 17070 then option 2 for the official quiet line test.

If there is noise, report it. It will not go away on its own.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@jab1

Nope none at all. It makes it really difficult to help.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Several re-reads of the OP didn't make it any clearer, other than the feeling that the whole issue may be a perceived problem rather than an actual one.

@Townman As an SU, could a word in the right ear enable a phone call to the OP?  Undecided

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)