cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam phone calls

dyslexai

Scam phone calls

Hi All,

Today I received a phone call from an asian guy professing to be from openreach and offered a discount for low phone call usage. I let him talk and he appeared to be in possession of too much information regarding my broadband and phone provider (plusnet) for comfort. He hung up when I refused to give him an answer to personal question. the call was from 02476680965, a number that is "unobtainable" when called back.

Does anyone know if this a scam?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
harrym1byt
Rising Star

Re: Scam phone calls

If a number is reported as unobtainable, no such number - then certainly it is a scam. It is a spoofed number. Even if a number rings, it could still be a spoofed number, in as much as they have spoofed someone else's perfectly genuine number. It happens often.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

It's almost certainly a scam as openreach do not offer call plans Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
dyslexai

Thanks for that, the conversation style was not that of a professional organisation.

It is a bit worrying that the guy had a lot of detail about my Plusnet package though.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

024 is the code for Coventry.  The number has not been commented on at https://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02476680965, perhaps you'd like to be the first one.